We are looking for healthy volunteers, 18+!
Do you have 60 minutes of free time to contribute to innovative research? Please read on and register beneath!
Background: This study, financed by the FWO, attempts to develop a smartphone application to automatically recognize functional activities only by using sensors of the smartphone. The different types of functional activities are walking, jogging, walking stairs (descending and ascending stairs), sit-stand + stand-sit movement and cycling.
Goal: The collection of smartphone data labeled for the different functional activities. This will be achieved by minimum 20 healthy volunteers that follow a functional movement protocol during maximum 60 minutes.
Timing: The data collection is foreseen on two days: 13 and 14 November
What do we expect from you?
- Maximum 60 minutes of your time
- After welcoming you, we will ask you to perform a set of functional activities in a row. Those activities will be done wearing 5 smartphones: 1 phone in your left front pocket, 1 phone in your left back pocket, 1 phone in your right front pocket, 1 phone in your right back pocket, 1 phone in a provided hip bag.
- See Table for the activities and the timing:
- Please wear trousers with front and back pockets to place the smartphones
- Water will be provided
- All smartphone data are stored anonymously, respecting the privacy of the participant
- The study has no medical purpose
Location: Hasselt University – Buidling D – Agoralaan – 3590 Diepenbeek – lokaal C57
Planning & Registration
Plan your 1 hour session by filling in your name & mail address in a 1 hour box ! Click Here!